Wednesday, October 6, 2010

[Portrait] Futsal

My course mates have always been playing futsal (indoor mini football) about once a week. Nearing graduation I took an opportunity to go along with them to take some portraits. We were at the courts at midnight – due to availability of the courts – and I set up for the shoot before they played. I used a shoot through umbrella for the main lighting, placed on the subject’s left; and a bare flash for rear lighting on subject’s right. 

IMG_5372

IMG_5373

IMG_5378

IMG_5389

IMG_5390
 
IMG_5402

I also shot the games as they played. Owning to the very low ambient light of the courts, I could only shot at my highest useable ISO 12800. With the lens hunting for focus half the time it wasn’t a smooth ride. The images are useable however.

IMG_5515

IMG_5905

No comments: